MARCH 20, 2020 (DALLAS, TX) – Beginning Friday, March 27, Mavs Gaming will participate in the NBA 2K League’s first-ever “NBA 2KL Three for All Showdown,” an online 3-on-3 tournament featuring fan-organized teams, top female 2K players and social media influencers, all competing in the NBA 2K20 MyPark game mode for the chance to play against NBA 2K League teams and a share of a $25,000 prize pool. Fans can watch NBA 2KL Three for All Showdown games on the NBA 2K League Twitch and YouTube channels. The full Mavs Gaming team will participate with teams in both the XBOX and PS4 brackets.
“I’m excited to see the league engage with the NBA2K community in such a big way,” said LT Fairley, Mavs Gaming Head Coach. “We have the fans, professional gamers, content creators and influencers all coming together to compete and to simply have fun. This tournament should definitely provide everyone with great entertainment!”
There will be two stages of the tournament. The first stage will feature 32 fan-organized teams competing against each other in distinct XBOX and PS4 brackets, and will take place Friday, March 27 – Sunday, March 29. Fans can sign up for the NBA 2KL Three for All Showdown fan bracket beginning the week of March 23rd at NBA2KLeague.com.
The second stage of the tournament will take place Tuesday, March 31 – Friday, April 3 and will feature NBA 2K League players (teams of three will represent their NBA 2K League teams), top female 2K players, social media influencers and the top performing teams from the fan‑only stage, again competing against each other in distinct XBOX and PS4 brackets.
All series aside from the final rounds of each bracket will be best-of-three‑games series with the final‑round matchups being best-of-five‑games series.
The NBA 2K league hopes that the first-ever NBA 2KL Three for All Showdown will provide NBA 2K League fans and the 2K community with an exciting and fun way to engage with the game and one another during these unprecedented times. While everyone is encouraged to practice social distancing, it’s important that the community stays connected. More information and resources regarding reducing your risk for the coronavirus are available at https://cares.nba.com/coronavirus/
Below the overall is schedule:
- First Stage: NBA 2KL Three for All Showdown Fan Bracket (March 27-March 29; All 32 spots filled with fan-organized teams)
- Second Stage: NBA 2KL Three for All Showdown Bracket (March 31 – April 3; Teams composed of NBA 2K League players, some of the top female 2K players, social media influencers, and the top performing teams from the fan bracket)
Participants and the complete game schedule will be announced in the coming weeks.
Below is the prizing breakdown:
- $25,000 Prize Pool, including:
- $15,000 available to the non-NBA 2K League teams in the second stage ($5,000 and $2,500, respectively, awarded to the two furthest‑advancing non-NBA 2K League teams in each of the NBA 2KL Three for All Showdown brackets: XBOX and PS4.)
- $9,000 available to the NBA 2K League teams ($3,500 and $1,000, respectively, awarded to the two furthest‑advancing NBA 2K League teams in each of the NBA 2KL Three for All Showdown brackets: XBOX and PS4)
- $1,000 available to the winners of the fan‑only brackets in the first stage ($500 awarded to each winning team: XBOX and PS4)
*NBA 2KL Three for All Showdown subject to Official Rules. Not all fans who sign up will get to participate.
MEDIA: For questions, please contact Paige Vasquez at firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THE NBA 2K LEAGUE: The NBA 2K League, a professional esports league cofounded by the NBA and Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ:TTWO), launched in 2018 and features the best NBA 2K players in the world. Each of the league’s 23 teams features six players who compete as unique characters in 5-on-5 play against the other teams in a mix of regular-season games, tournaments and playoffs. NBA 2K League partners include AnheuserBusch, AT&T, Champion Athleticwear, Facebook, HyperX, New Era, Panera Bread, Raynor Gaming, SCUF Gaming and Stance. For more information about the NBA 2K League, visit NBA2KLeague.com.
ABOUT MAVS GAMING: Mavs Gaming is the Dallas Mavericks affiliate team in the NBA 2K League. The NBA 2K League is a professional competitive gaming league co-founded by the NBA and Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. Bringing together the world’s best basketball gamers, this marks the first official Esports league operated by a U.S. professional sports league. For more information visit https://mavsgaming.nba.com/.